Drink more water: Water acts as a cleansing agent which helps to detoxify your body. Water helps to flush out the toxins and increase your metabolism.
• Add more veggies to your meals: Vegetables are low in calories; they also contain fiber which is essential to lose weight. Fiber helps to give satiety value since it takes longer time to digest, this indirectly prevents overeating and reduce calorie intake.>
• Try to be more active every day: Along with maintaining a healthy eating pattern, following an exercise regime is equally important. Indulge yourself in cardio workouts, or try to take long walks, take stairs instead of lifts wherever possible.
• Add more protein to your diet: Protein helps to build strong muscles. While on weight loss programme to avoid muscle wastage or muscle loss it is important to eat enough protein in your diet.
• Choose fruit instead of dessert: Desserts contain “empty calories” which means they are loaded with processed sugars and do not carry any nutritional value. Fruits contain fructose which is a natural sugar; apart from sweetness fruits also contain fiber which is essential to reduce weight.
• Eat more probiotic rich food: Disturbed digestive system interrupts weight loss programme. To keep digestive system healthy, probiotics which are also known as good bacteria should be included in the diet. Probiotics are found in homemade curd, pickles, etc.
• Try to get enough hours of sleep: A good sound sleep of 6-8 hours is essential to maintain a healthy weight/to lose weight. Deprived sleep causes hormonal changes in the body that regulate hunger and appetite. Hormone Leptin is known to reduce appetite and increase energy expenditure. Lack of sleep reduces amount of leptin which in turn increases your hunger and makes you eat more calories leading to weight gain.