SPIKE IN BLOOD SUGAR: Fastfood are highly processed food which contains high fat, sugar, salt and processed carbohydrates and low in useful nutrients like fiber, vitamin and minerals. These foods break down quickly in the body causing rapid raise in blood sugar levels .
- DIGESTIVE ISSUES: Junkfood is unhealthy for digestive system as they slowdown the digestion process making the stomach bloated. In order to digest food, stomach needs enzymes and fastfood does not have them. When food is absorbed by the intestine it requires fiber and water to excrete but they don’t have such nutrients which lead to poor digestion and irritable bowels.
- RISK OF HYPERTENSION: Fastfood is usually higher in fat, calories, cholesterol, and sodium in comparison to homemade meals. Eating too much fast food can increase risk of health problems such as high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
- INCREASE IN BLOOD CHOLESTEROL: Fried foods are filled with Trans fats. These fats are known to raise LDL (Bad) cholesterol levels. High LDL levels increases the risk of Heart diseases and obesity.
- LIVER DYSFUNCTION: Fast food is rich in processed sugar and fats. Excess consumption of fastfood overloads the liver causing large accumulation of fat which predisposes a person to a metabolic syndrome involving high cholesterol, high sugar, and liver cirrhosis.
- RISK OF CANCERS: Eating ‘fast foods‘ (such as chips and fried chicken) or other processed foods that are high in fat and sugar (like chocolate, crisps and biscuits) can make you gain weight, and there is strong evidence that being overweight or obese increases the risk of cancer.
- DENTAL CAVITIES AND TOOTH DECAY: The main reason that junk food is so bad for you is its abundance of sugar. If these sugars aren’t brushed or rinsed off, the acid continues to eat away at the tooth enamel, wearing it down and leading to tooth decay which can eventually lead to requiring a crown or even a root canal.
For obesity treatment visit our clinic.