Lifestyle is referred to the day to day behaviors and functions of individuals in job, activities, fun and diet. Many people follow an unhealthy lifestyle, therefore increasing the chances of illness, disability and even death. Metabolic diseases, joint and skeletal problems, cardio-vascular diseases, hypertension, overweight, are all caused by an unhealthy lifestyle.
Variables of lifestyle that influence on health
1. DIET AND BODY WEIGHT: Diet is the greatest factor in lifestyle and has a direct effect on health. Poor diet leads to obesity which is a common health problem in urban societies. Urban lifestyle leads to the nutrition problems like using fast foods and poor foods, increasing problems like cardiovascular.
2. EXERCISE: Exercise helps in increasing blood circulation and reduce stress. It also helps in maintaining a healthy weight. Following a healthy exercise regime is important to keep a healthy lifestyle.
3. SLEEP: Sleep disorders have several effects on social, psychological, economical and physical well-being. Lifestyle may affect sleep and sleep which ultimately affects mental and physical health. A good sound sleep for 6-8 hours is essential for good health.
4. ADDICTION: Addiction is a sign of an unhealthy lifestyle. Smoking, drinking alcohol, use of drugs result in various health problems like cardiovascular disease, asthma, cancer, brain injury.
5. USE OF ELECTRONIC GADGETS: Advanced technology has enhanced the life of human beings. Overuse of this technology affects the overall health of an individual. For e.g., the use of computers and other devices up to midnight affects sleep patterns and it may disturb sleep.